I hear you. I read the emails. Really, I do!
Yes, my husband I and were intimate seven days in a row. Heck, just getting to five was a new record for our 13-year marriage (or four - we're still disagreeing on that point). Even that little streak was a one time thing.
I thought I should clarify a few things. Some bullet points to help you understand we are not nympho's and we are not above average.
* Our goal was to have sex as many times as we could in a seven day period. We never expected to actually complete said challenge. I can barely get my hair washed most days. Oh, who are we kidding? I don't get my teeth brushed most days. Parenting so many kids is HARD.
* To complete this whole challenge thing, I had to sacrifice several other things in my life. I chose to. Some days I was feeling a little resentful. Then I thought, "Wait a friggin' minute?! This will be a very unique thing for us. It can't hurt, and it just might help."
* We have five children, most with some special needs and interesting *cough* behaviors. Our home is never romantic. Ever. The best time for being alone is after everyone else is in bed and with the radio cranked to block any iota of noise. I don't ever have to worry about talking dirty. It's not like we could hear each other over the music anyway.
* I had a chest cold the entire week. It was really bad the first three nights. There was no kissing. Very Julia-Roberts-in-Pretty-Woman.
* I was not in the mood - not once - during the entire seven days. I have a slew of kids. I was sick. This whole new birth control pill thing has tanked the old libido. However, I wanted to see what my body and mind were capable of if I was intentional about sex. It was an interesting experiment.
* I am not some spring chicken (my 80-year-old friends beg to differ, but I am speaking in a peri-menopausal mindset). I have to know my limitations and plan accordingly.
* Because most of our "interaction" happens in the evenings, it makes sleep more difficult for me (you would think it's the opposite, but it's just not!). I made the decision to lose sleep. I wasn't sure how many days we would make it. I lost a lot of sleep.
There are always times when someone is barfing or up all night with an ear infection or you have a bad rash or you are falling asleep sitting up. Some days I can't laugh for the crying. Yet, I do sacrifice for my kids all the time. I have come to realize I wasn't sacrificing for me. By golly, I wanted to see if I could bring more pleasure into my life!
I am hot. I am a treasure. I deserve the erotic gift that is PLEASURE. I'm glad I did this.